Monday, June 2, 2014

Cookies like these....

I love cookies. Some of my fondest childhood memories are cookie decorating with my Mom- especially holiday cutouts. We would sit at the big kitchen table and use sugar glaze with little plastic brushes, and lots of sanding sugar and sprinkles. Not much has changed. I've been baking a long time, and I've been following cookie artists like Callye (Sugar Belle), Amber (SweetAmbs), and Elizabeth Adams (Arty McGoo) over the past few years. I'm so inspired by their work!

This past year I've been failing  experimenting with different recipes and decorating techniques. Well, something clicked and over the past six months and- success! Cookies that actually taste good and look pretty too.

If you're starting out (like me) you'll want to read the blogs above and start experimenting. You can do this! My cookie recipe is very similar to Sweet Sugar Belle's- and I started with her icing recipe. Their tutorials, demos and pictures are top notch. So get in the kitchen and start baking!

Here are some of my most recent projects- I'll be posting recipes and tutorials soon of cookies like these showing the techniques I used to get these results.

Life is Sweet!
~Jenn












2 comments: